Thursday, February 16, 2012

Tyburn Jig

I had to stabilize my heart. That might have lost me a couple days. But now, it doesn’t matter if it is Monday or Thursday. All that matters is that I made it: I’m here and awake. I can’t keep up with time, just what is needed to survive.

For me, being awake is the greatest success. It means I have overcome and balanced what no longer seems able to be balanced. Yet, here I am! I wish others understood that.

I used to worry, but you'll be okay. Survival is part art and part naked brutality: the belief that you will return, and the will to do what is needed to give the best chance of that to happen.

I am at peace sometimes, but I keep getting vomited up.

10 comments:

cheryl g said...

All that matters is that you did make it. You are here and I am grateful and thankful for that!

Neil said...

Despite being vomited up, wrung out, hung out by VIHA, you still seem to be able to appreciate life, love life, and just plain LOVE, more than most of us.

I guess that's what makes you so special, and why we love you.

Love and zen hugs,
Neil

JaneB said...

You are still here, NDY, and I for one am grateful. Well done my friend! Hoping for some special moments for you, of love and pleasure and just appreciating

Lorna, Bob and Liam said...

We got your postcard today... so incredible that you can tangibly reach out and touch us still, thank you so much.

Grateful for the moments of peace that you can find... staggered by your will to live.

Loving you as always...

Lorna, Bob and Liam

Olivia said...

so glad you are here

Elizabeth McClung said...

Thanks, it is a rainy day after several rainy days - I hope for the sun as rain is not something I can go wheeling in. BLAH!

Lene Andersen said...

I'm glad you made it. I have a lot of difficulty imagining the world without you.

Neil said...

As the Hitchhiker's Guide says, time is irrelevant; as long as you're conscious, not in pain, and functional, we're happy.

Elizabeth McClung said...

Sorry Neil it generally is: not often, always and getting worst, and less and less weekly.

PinkPhoenix said...

*hugs* Hope you are doing a bit better now.