Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Voting ends soon for Canadian Blog Awards - spread the word

Hi everyone, it's Linda here. Beth has had a difficult few days - has been doing the basic necessities just to stay alive. She hopes to be back to blogging soon. In the meantime, I wanted to remind everyone that Beth wrote a post about the Canadian Blogging Awards a couple of weeks ago.

I see what Elizabeth goes through, and tries to put it aside to keep writing. I worry about her. But this is what she wants to do. She wants to make a difference. I see her dizzy, in pain, struggling, and it makes me feel so helpless. She is open, and honest and gets hurt because of it. She is the most caring person I know. She feels and cares more about other people, aches with them, than any other person I know. I see her so weak, so stubborn, she can't lift her head and she's still worried or upset about helping someone else while I am helpless to help her.

The voting goes until January 20th and you only need to vote once. So if you haven't already done so, it would be great if you could vote for Beth's blog in the following categories:



Health



LGBT


Please also spread the word on your blog if you think it is appropriate. She says she doesn't want to win but to know writing about people being equal matters. That's why she writes about the child with autism, and trans kids, caregivers, disability rights, intersex, lesbian lives, about what being ill and helpless feels like. The films and books she reviews are part of that life.

Thanks.

Linda

8 comments:

Neil said...

Hi Linda (and Beth!):

I've already voted! Thanks for the reminder; I can probably vote from a computer at work, too.

Love and zen hugs to both of you,
Neil

Kate J said...

I already voted, and was glad to have the chance to do so. Beth's blog, and her views on life, love, sexuality, equality, disability, art, literature, film and most of all her own personal story have made a big difference in my life and I'm sure many many other people's too. Best wishes to the two of you - I'm filled with admiration for you both.
Love and peace to both of you.

Raccoon said...

I've already voted, as well. Unlike Neil, I don't have a work computer to double my votes with…

And in today's news, Canada is saying that all of the same sex weddings that they did for international couples are no longer valid… (http://tinyurl.com/7ygtgt2)

Lorna, Bob and Liam said...

Already voted. Your courage and strength--both you and Beth--continue to amaze and inspire us all. Blessings to you both, and much love...

Lorna, Bob and Liam

Lene Andersen said...

Voted already. Wish I could vote more than once.

Sending love to you both.

Hot Pink Femme said...

Please let Elizabeth know she is in my heart and I've beenthinking of her, and have sent my vote in for both categories. Taz (ms.pet - Sexability -long time ago. :) )

GirlWithTheCane said...

Voted.

Beth, do you know that you made the top 5 for LGBTQ Blog in the Canadian Weblog Competition? They'lll be announcing the judges' final picks at the end of the month...

http://www.ninjamatics.com/canadian-weblog-awards

- Sarah

Elizabeth McClung said...

GirlwithCane: Yes, I think I was nominated in a few catagories, but as that is one they judge on content, original graphic programming and spelling, it isn't a very accomodating award. So I didn't share when they emailed me. THanks for letting me know the progress.