Monday, October 08, 2007

And this collective 'knee to the balls' is dedicated to...

My most recent post over at the BBC is up; and I managed to finish it before the end of Canadian Thanksgiving. If that post doesn't make people pissed off, I don’t know what will (it is of course, entirely true, making it all the worse!). I dedicate it to fellow Canadian Dave Hindsburger over at Chewing the Fat who inspired me out of my lull by asking “What would Zed do?” (Knee them in the balls, of course!)

Sadly, I am probably putting him under investigation by saying that particular post was inspired by him. I almost feel sorry because while Dave is clearly on the “Good” side of humanity, people complain of the smell of sulfur wherever I go. A good long post about Thanksgiving and riding a wheelchair cycle without brakes tomorrow (no, that’s not a metaphor.)

6 comments:

Casdok said...

It didnt piss me off!!
Nice one!

Sober @ Sundown said...

I will design you a cup holder......

Elizabeth McClung said...

yeah! I want a cup holder!!!!

Dave Hingsburger said...

Dedicated to me? ME? That's freaking awesome. I loved that post, it was funny and true and gosh darn didn't I wish I'd written it ... Do I milk my disability ... um, yeah. All the time, I canna do the breasts up eyes down thing you do but I've got my own little ways. Gatta say I am a huge fan of your writing and your Zed attitude. Both Joe and I have now read the book ... so are you working on another?

Elizabeth McClung said...

Oh good, you don't hate me. I was having a week of getting beat down and on the last post you wrote "what would Zed do?" and I was like, "Yeah, dammit, I don't give up, I'm Zed.....uh, I mean, I'm Elizabeth!"

I'm working on two books - one which was sorta Zed like (if conducting experiments on children is a good thing?) but it is stuck in reedit limbo ("I just don't think I've hit the right tone yet........") While right now I am doing a teen book (fiction) on being disabled because there seems to be a great lack of books that realisticly cover going from "I'm trying to fit in like everyone else" to "welcome to the 'cool club'; here's your free bag o issues"

Dave Hingsburger said...

great to hear that there's more coming from you, experimenting on children huh? What do you feed your mind anyways. In my other life I work with pedophiles and rapists --- slosh threw thier sewers of logic --- so if you ever need background. I'm there.