Monday, August 13, 2007

The RCMP have set a challenge; drunk wheelchair driving

Just to let you know, I have done my second and my third post for the BBC for Ouch! Please drop by and give a “pity” comment like a smiley face. I do appreciate every comment. Also when I asked the BBC about site counters they went, “Huh? Site whatsits?” So if you comment then I can tell people, “I’m big in Kent you know....and parts of Holland.”

I went out to drink with Linda this weekend and we ran into four police officers. I asked them what the policy was on drinking and driving wheelchairs. After all, they have arrested cyclists for riding drunk. They wanted to know if it was going to be an electric or manual. I gestured to the manual I was sitting on; manual! There was some thought that electric wheelchair drunk driving in the road might be an offence but they thought that manual wheelchairs should be okay (as long as you don’t draw attention to yourself). Well, that little provisio is probably going to get me in real trouble (me draw attention to myself? Since I have a habit of a little breast flashing when sober, who knows why might happen in this wheelchair when drunk). The officers wanted to know if I was going to try to get “hammered.” No, but since 1 pint of beer makes me “very relaxed” (I often start trying to give Linda hickeys too), who knows what 2 pints could do? I asked if they had ever arrested someone in a wheelchair for drunk and disorderly. Not yet they told me. Hmmmm, that sounded a bit like a challenge, didn’t it?

4 comments:

KateJ said...

Definitely a challenge, and one I think you'll find irresistible!
I'll catch up with you on the BBC too, I promise.

GayProf said...

It's always good to push at the law.

Dame Honoria Glossop said...

Once you've become first wheelie to get booked for D&D, what next? Drunk wheelie racing?

Ms. Pet said...

Hmmmmm. That would be a fun challenge to take on I'm sure!