I have been tagged by Zephyr, Ruth and Kate Olson to do the 8 random things.
1. Let others know who tagged you.
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.
1) When I was 10 or 11 I won a screaming contest (on who could scream the loudest), they actually didn’t let me finish, but as most of the hundred+ adults present were sticking finger in their ears the presenter ran up shouting, “You win, you win!” to make me stop. Who in their right mind would come up with a contest of screaming children?
2) Though all of high school and my first college degree I used an Underwood #5 from the 1920’s. For some reason I thought writing stories on an Underwood and sending off letters for submission with it made me appear more “literary.” (as opposed to “fruitcake”). Since it had no correction ribbon my submissions were littered with white out and XXXXX over a misspelling. I honestly believed this gave unknown editors a BETTER impression of me.
3) At an Appalachian hills home without running water, I got accepted by outshooting all the ‘good ole boys’ with a .22 (they were, admittedly, drinking at the time). Guess all those summers at Christian survival training camp came in handy. They fed me and let me use the “hot tub” (giant metal mixing pot with wood fire under) resulting in the worst food poisoning I have ever had.
4) The last six months I have done eight different sports; six of them in a wheelchair; four of them I still do on a regular basis: Wheelchair boxing, wheelchair tennis, wheelchair jogging and disability sailing.
5) I have never smoked a cigarette, though I held one once while it burned down....just to be sociable.
6) My father used to read either a) the Bible or b) Homer's Iliad to us as little children to put us to sleep.
7) I like searching university library lists for things in storage and asking to borrow them. By nature, books in storage MUST be better than those on the shelf (which is how I found a collection of early 16th-17th century hymn books in the English Literature Library).
8) Linda and I have no bed and have slept on the floor on thermarest camping mattresses for the last 10 years.
I tag: Wiccachicky, GayProf, Sober, Daniel, Cooper, Kathz, Katja, belledame222, and KateJ when she decides to go back to blogging. Also God can answer if she choses.
2 hours ago