Monday, February 12, 2007

Ballot I-957, Purity Balls and tattooed lesbian sex scenes

Well, in the run up to Valentines Day, I am going to be focusing on what is important in life: being with someone you love, and hopefully that someone being the same sex as you (I know straights have similar relationships, but I think God is against them for some obscure reason written down 4,000 years ago). On that note, I have to give congrats to Olympia Washington, who have introduced a ballot for law I-957 which takes groups like The Defense of Marriage and American Family Values at their word. It requires proof that any couple CAN have children before granting a marriage license. And if couples don’t have a child in three years, they have their marriage annulled. The Washington Defense of Marriage Alliance was created to challenge the same sex ban on marriage by passing laws based on the reasons given that same sex couples can’t get married. So, sign often.

For those who like lesbian films (and really, who doesn’t?), there is a great amv combining the films Monster, Bound, Boy’s Don’t Cry (technically not lesbian), and Show me Love (also called F*cking Amal). Very touching with many sex involving girls with tattoos in places I normally don’t get to see. It has embedding disabled so you can see it HERE.

Of course, like Linda, you might afterward say, “I hope you have something happier I can watch after that.” But of course! But first, let me ask you an opinion on my recent erotic dream/nightmare. It involves me, a sexual therapist and my lover Angelina Joli…I mean, Linda all on a bed, and the therapist is telling me, “okay, rub here, keep it steady.” And things are going well when I notice that the door to the room is open and my father is sitting at a table near the bed drinking coffee. Meanwhile my mother peeks in the blinds and asks me, “Do you know how much longer you are going to be?” And I just stare open mouthed, and she says, “It’s okay, I just thought if you were finished soon, we could car pool.” Now honestly, would you be disturbed that? On the one hand, Erotic; on the other hand, parents watching and drinking coffee. Perhaps this was some sort of subconscious revenge for when I had asked my father to take me to one of the Christian Purity Balls, where girls vow their sexuality into the keeping of their father, and that he will be the ONLY man they can “date” until formally courted by a man approved by her father. At the ball daughters and fathers exchange rings and they make their vows. He was understandably creeped out; I was, with usual sensitivity, laughing hysterically.

Okay, something light; how about an anime video about a group of lesbian fighter pilots; focusing on the deep relationship between one lesbian and.....her stuffed animal?

6 comments:

kathz said...

I'm planning to spend the evening of Valentine's Day stabbing as many men as often as I can. (I'll stab women too if any female epeeists turn up.) I can think of worse ways of celebrating. Some of the students seem anxious about the day - an evening of light stabbing might be a good idea for them too.

A good day for happy couples however, so Happy Valentine's Day to you and Linda.

elizabeth said...

I loath valentine's day...even when I'm dating someone. I think that says something about me - and I'm not sure if it's good. LOL

PS. That stuffed animal was freaky

elizabeth said...

(loathe*)

GeekyGirl said...

What a cool anime, but I concur- that stuffed toy is weird...

GayProf said...

I am confused -- So, you did or did not ask your father to a purity ball? As a teen? An adult? In irony?

Maybe I am just too literal minded today.

Elizabeth McClung said...

I read an article about them last week and since I have not "been with a man" I told him I probably techically qualify and asked him to take me - along with showing him photos of the girls coming into the building in ballet with tutu's carrying a giant cross - yeah, healthy images.