Monday, May 29, 2006

My ossuary, zombie armies & your brains

Linda has given me the gift that keeps on giving: a cold. All the more irritating because I am genetically susceptible to communicable infections and take strict precautions: I only go out at night, I avoid churches and I drink the blood of innocents to give me strength. Errrr...forget I said that; those are the things I do regarding a different ailment.

Besides sitting around thinking about how much it hurts to breathe, swallow or do anything, I have had time to play with my box of skulls I picked up in Seattle. An Ossuary Box from The Skull Collection; it just caught my fancy. “I thought you were done with that stuff.” Linda said with a ‘do we have to go to cemeteries EVERY holiday trip?’ in her voice. But it’s just so pretty: I can’t decide whether to keep it for pirate booty or save it for my knucklebone collection. (somewhat like “The Amityville Toaster” but only partial dead hand involved)

In case my illness turns south, I have been making preparations for my life after death. First and foremost are the little details involved with raising a Zombie Army for me to command and unleash as the Zombie Queen. Beyond the usual incantations, I have been practicing my Zombie Guerrilla tactics in the free massive online player game, Urban Dead. This game simulates a zombie apocalypse similar in scope to what will likely happen in any city where I happen to die.

To cheer you up from the thought of running for your life while my minions try to suck your brains, I propose relaxing with Cupid’s Last Stand from the demented creator of Childrin R Skary. If you needed any further convincing it has both classical music and flying monkeys, which means it must be educational!

5 comments:

elizabeth said...

Why do I picture that as you when you were a little girl?

The Watcher said...

Th'box is incredible!

I see ye as Lady Elizabeth does--somewhat like Winona Ryder in 'Beetlejuice, but with an epee instead of a camera...

elizabeth said...

'zactly.

Murray said...

What a neat skull box.

Murray said...

trickie, trickie - now that I have my brains eaten what am I to do.