Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Canada won't let me have Mace but Zed sells anyway!



Amazon.ca tracks every book in collective rankings. I was at 45,000 in the rankings four weeks ago (hey not everyone starts a bestseller) due to a positive review in the Globe and Mail (“This is a novel for all innocent victims; especially children, though they shouldn't be left alone with it."). Every day I didn’t sell a book it dropped another 2,000-3,000 ranks. After it hit 88,000 in sales ranks I gave up watching.

Today I went to check on how Zed was doing (it’s a bit like picking a scab), and wow; I’m at 18,000! Someone out there actually bought my book; several someones. Thank you, thank you. You won’t regret it; you may get nightmares and never trust another human again but hey; my father called that growing up when he handed me my first can of Mace.

1 comment:

LJM said...

Here's hoping you keep climbing the charts!